Monday 23 April 2012

VANCOUVER





VANCOUVER
It's nearly a month until I make the big move from Montreal to Vancouver and shake up my entire life. It's going to be a very sudden change as I will only have a few days to get from Montreal to Calgary and eventually Vancouver. I am crazy excited about the change and have been researching what to do in the new city. I want to be as prepared as possible and start exploring as soon I get into town. This is what I have so far:



ACTIVE LIVING
I am determined to discover all that Vancouver has to offer this summer. I've been locked inside Montreal's downtown for far too long and am ready to make use of my new car and the beautiful outdoors. I am plannning on doing the two hour hike to Quarry rock followed by a series of other hikes on which I will bring my new DSLR camera to document the beautiful scenery. I hear the views offered at Quarry Rock are spectacular. A daily run along the sea wall wouldn't be a bad addition to my morning routine either. Let me know if you know of any good Yoga and dance studios around town as well!!





ALL IN A DAYS WORK
This summer I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to work as a Style Guru for College Fashionista and therefore will be spending my work week on UBC campus and around Vancouver capturing the local student style. So be on your best dressed behaviour !



DECORATING
Seeing as I will be moving into a new condo a lot of my spare time is going to be devoted to searching out cool antique stores and unique pieces to decorate my new space. I am hoping to make some trips to Emily Carr to get some painting inspiration. It's been a few years since the last time I picked up a paint brush but I am eager to get back at it. I want to create a few unique pieces that really make my new place reflect who I am and what I love. I have always loved rocks and have recently found some inspiring photos on blogs showing you how to incorporate them into your living space by making them functional and decorative. I love the use of apothecary lids being placed over gems to decorate an end table. I also want to use apothecary jars to store apples and the like (the usual grocery staples)
Photos:







THE PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT LATTE

I will be submitting 250-word articles on a weekly basis for College Fashionista as well as continuing to blog for Talent Management Agency; Oleta Jé as well as my own blog: Butter so I will be spending a great deal of time in Café's around the city. I have become somewhat of a coffee addict. I have devoted a great deal of my free time to locating the best places in Montreal to refuel with a daily dose of caffeine and am determined to do the same in Vancouver. Two of my absolute favourite café's in Montreal hold ties to the Vancouver café scene. The first: Café Pikolo's owners come from Vancouver and wanted to bring the Vancouver Café scene to Montreal and have done so with much success (Props) I recently discovered Revolver café in Vancouver's gas town which seems to have a similar vibe decor wise and by the way prepare their coffee. Revolver uses the same beans as Pikolo and Myriade (my second favorite café in Montreal)So far I have heard wonderful things about Nelson the Seagull which even makes their own almond milk! I have been given a rough time from friends in the past about my love for ordering grapefruits for breakfast and Nelson the Seagull actually offers them on the menu along with just about every other type of food I consume on a daily basis.  I am also anxious to try 49 parallel on Granville Island as they supply my second favourite café in Montreal (Myraide) with their beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment